Wednesday 1 December 2010

5:33 am

..yawn. I put myself to bed extra early last night to be fresh for a big day at the studio, back-fired and I'm now sat awake 3 hours too soon. Wanting something productive to do without having to move from the comfort of my duve I remembered how badly I'd been treating my blog.. so here's the latest..

Back to DARTS..
Besides an ongoing drawing project we have only been given one brief this term, a commission project focusing on design for a specific location and client - the public. Given the option of a location around the university campus or to find our own, I choose to look for a place myself.. thinking the audience would be too obvious and difficult to come up with anything particularly new if I stuck to uni grounds. Walking around Nottingham I always notice how many buildings and shops are boarded up, I think it's such a shame and a waste of space and good architecture! With this in mind I decided to design artwork to fill boarded up windows and bring attention back to an area or particular building which I thought needed noticing again.

Chosen location
Rhinegold Resturant, 10 King Johns Chambers, Bridlesmith Gate



to be continued... this evening.. maybe..

No comments:

Post a Comment